2.16.2007

Who's Your Daddy? Yes, I am.

Drum roll, please... I have successfully TURNED A HEEL using short rows!! 3rd time is the charm apparently. I'm probably using a bonafide method, but I figured it out on my own. Eventually. And... no holes! Yay! Of course, this yarn is forgiving visually, but I think it'll look good on other socks too. Just have to remember how I did it for the second sock.














In other news... I have FOUND MY BROILER. I've been going to Dinner By Design lately, and last month a bunch of the recipes call for broiling... so of course I've been saving them until last. Well, I called my mom in a panic about using a broiler. No idea how. Wasn't even sure WHERE the blasted thing was on my stove. I've. Never. Used. It. I found the "broiler" button on the stove, and opened the bottom drawer, because I remember my mom broiling things in there when I was younger. No dice. It was stone cold. Finally figured out that you put the broiling pan in the oven, with the rack put in the top slot. Here's what came out... I know it doesn't look great, but it was delicious. The pan was a pain to clean. I DO remember that part from my youth. :)



1 comment:

Katherine said...

not sure what short rows are, but the socks look good! Also, if it makes you feel any better, I called my mom in a panic too re: the broiler... Moms are great, aren't they?